Music Banter - View Single Post - Supertramp Sadly Forgotten
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I only have Breakfast in America, and only like about half the songs on it, but the ones I like, I like a lot.
Listen to their third album, as its real cutting edge for its time. After that the band steered in a very commercial direction of which Breakfast in America is the ultimate conclusion of that sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Ive not listened to Cheap Trick for a long time, I will make it a point to eventually give them a listen.

My above band categorization was only a personal one, so..

I personally prefer Supertramp over Styx.

Thats ironic, I just obtained ELO's (Strange Magic) The Best Of ELO album today. I Will be listening to them as well.
Cheap Trick-First 5 studio albums plus the live at the Budokan are a must. Its on these albums that the Trick mix up their in your face rock with their overdriven amps plus combining their melodic prowess. I always liken Cheap Trick on these albums as The Beatles, the Move and the Who all thrown into a liquidizer and out comes Cheap Trick, only that Cheap Trick sound far more instant, heavier and also gimmicky. Their debut album is one of the best ever recorded and it was hard edged for its time, harder than any punk album that came out around the same time 1977-1978.

ELO-Maybe we can exchange notes on ELO probably the most hated band on this forum

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 11-04-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote