Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #4144 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Do these show up on drug tests? I have a friend in the Navy who is pretty experienced with psychedelic drugs, but has to stay sober, who might be interested in this. For awhile last year we smoked that spice crap, which he could smoke because it didn't show up on a piss test. His wife keeps on talking about how they can't wait till he's out so they can start smoking pot again, but I'm sure a trip or two together on this stuff and she could get her drug quota filled.
Drug tests don't test for LSA - HOWEVER - I did read an article regarding Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Morning Glory Seeds (LSA) on Erowid earlier which says that there have been cases of them giving false positives for LSD.

It made it sound unlikely, and stressed also that LSD is rarely tested for in the first place - although in the military, I'd imagine that they would test for it.

EDIT: More digging around brought me to read this article on erowid, which says:

Quote:
Military
Beginning in the early 2000's, some parts of the military began testing for LSD. However, the Feb 18, 2008 Army Times reported that the Department of Defense has stopped LSD testing military wide. Reportedly this was because only four positive LSD tests were found out of more than 2 million test conducted over a three year period. A cost-benefit analysis resulted in the military ceasing LSD testing as part of their standard panel. Note that it is possible that non-standard tests are conducted in unique cases. We have been told that the Air Force will court martial airmen on the basis of a single positive test for LSD
That's for the US Military, but still - they make it sound as though testing for LSD is difficult and costly, and something most people don't even bother with. Which I did not know.

Both LSA and LSD only stay in urine for approximately 72 hours anyway, though. And since it's not likely yet still possible that LSA could trigger a false positive, LSD isn't necessarily a standard test, and the odds of it triggering a false positive AND being detected seem slim at worst.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung

Last edited by ThePhanastasio; 11-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote