Music Banter - View Single Post - My Opinion Column About Music
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

This is a pretty patronizing, elitist article, and you're never going to engage readers positively by adopting such angles. You approach the whole thing with this 'I'm better than you' tone, and nobody will take kindly to that.

I sense that the arrogance intrinsic in your article is an attempt to mark yourself out as an identifiable writer?

It's like anything in life, if you treat others with respect, you're likely to receive respect. Instead writing as if you're here to free people from their musical ignorance, why don't you just write about what YOU like, and why you like what YOU like. Your passion for the subject is more likely to entice readers. Just don't go insulting the intelligence of others. You need to build on your points better too, there are instances where you seem to be blindly ranting with apparently little understanding for the subject you're ranting about. I'm not saying this is actually the case, that's just how it comes across.

My honest opinion: if I went to your school and read this, I'd think you're a cock. From what I've seen of you around here, you're not, so why don't you just use these articles as an extension of your self - as opposed to some platform for asinine bleating and elitist rhetoric?
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote