Music Banter - View Single Post - National "Dump Your Bank" Day
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
^^^ erm, instead of just saying, "no I don't", you should get that resolved. Aside from that being a tremendous black cloud over your credit score, it could (well, likely will) prevent you from opening an account with any other bank/credit union. I don't know the specifics of how this would affect your ability to get loans.... but I can't imagine it would help at all.

Anyways, I don't see why this needs to be politically motivated. It's just good financial sense to work with a Credit Union.
I wanted to start with the second half here. I don't mind the black cloud. I'm assuming I have 0 credit and working under that. I've never thought about taking out a loan and I probably won't. I'm 24. It's not even on my radar. What is that, for buying a house, or a car, or starting a business? I don't see that happening. I've worked 7 years as a cashier at minimum wage, I'm used to having nothing and wanting nothing and doing nothing. I have no plans on opening up at a credit union, though I admit you're right that they're better than major banks. I do respect youropinion and acknowledge I might be acting rash but I assure you it made sense for me.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote