Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #16348 (permalink)
Zer0

Feist - Metals (2011)
Picked this up on cd today and I was very impressed with it. Her music strikes the perfect balance between being accessible and being very artistic, even reminds me of PJ Harvey at times. The depth of her songwriting is very impressive with songs ranging from quiet and introspective to upbeat and filled with hooks. Her voice is beautiful, captivating and carries her songs so well. Great stuff.

Seam - The Problem With Me (1993)
A very enjoyable yet sometimes sad and melancholic indie rock album. Although they were one of the bands associated with the "slowcore" tag they have plenty of characteristics that set them apart from the likes of Bedhead and Codeine. I'd been meaning to get into this band for a while and this album hits the spot nicely.

Seam - Are You Driving Me Crazy? (1995)
A good album but doesn't seem as enjoyable as The Problem With Me. From first impressions it seems to have a more upbeat and straight-forward indie-rock sound and nothing in particular really stood out. Hopefully that will change with a few more listens.