Music Banter - View Single Post - 8Tracks
Thread: 8Tracks
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Okay having listened to the whole thing through I have this to say. It was definitely the right playlist for my mental state at the momment, and you definitely worked your way through some of the great stoner and sludge metal over the years. Could have used a bigger variety though, I guess with the title I was expecting to hear "Aces High" or "War Pigs." Still though it was a really good rundown of the great stoner and sludge metal from the last 10 years or so.
Yeah, it was a relatively narrow theme of metal subgenres (mostly stoner and sludge, as these are my favorite types of metal) and it was also compiled of relatively recent releases, both things I kept in mind while making it. There are a bunch of excellent metal openers from the 70's and 80's but I just didn't really delve into those.

But thanks for the feedback! I enjoyed your Indie Rock mix-- lots of obscure names I've never heard of, for sure. I also listened to the Swedish Death Metal one briefly but I was working on homework at the same time so I wasn't quite paying attention. I'll have to revisit it.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote