Music Banter - View Single Post - National "Dump Your Bank" Day
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
The point I should've made is that you should still do something with your money. The more you have, the more important it is.
Credit Unions aren't just for checking accounts, home & car loans; they generally offer everything from CDs, Bonds, etc. They're wonderful places to invest your money because they've (usually) no incentive to deceive their customers.

Really, if you want an

Quote:
I wanted to start with the second half here. I don't mind the black cloud. I'm assuming I have 0 credit and working under that. I've never thought about taking out a loan and I probably won't. I'm 24. It's not even on my radar. What is that, for buying a house, or a car, or starting a business? I don't see that happening. I've worked 7 years as a cashier at minimum wage, I'm used to having nothing and wanting nothing and doing nothing. I have no plans on opening up at a credit union, though I admit you're right that they're better than major banks. I do respect youropinion and acknowledge I might be acting rash but I assure you it made sense for me.
A good credit score helps with everything from securing employment to getting student loans. But, it is your life, and I trust you've the ability to manage it yourself.