Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Invasion! NEED HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #150 (permalink)
eraser.time206
Music Addict

Default we

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
So you're saying that popular music isn't what people want to hear, and it's on popular because it's marketed so well? And if people like Zappa were marketed as much as the beatles, then Zappa would be as popular as the beatles? So, are you trying to say that most people really don't like the music they like, they only listen to it because it's marketed well and therefore popular?
Do you like to listen to Katy Perry? Look at all the popular genres from different eras. Most of them were different. In fact look at the music from the 60s and compare it to today's music. The quality is not the same yet people still loved the music. A lot of people today don't like music from the 60s. A lot of people from the 60s don't like music from today. People are not born with a preference in music. If someone listens to certain music long enough they will grow to like it. If Frank Zappa or any unorthodox artist from the 60s or 70s was marketed in the same manner as the Beatles eventually people would grow to like them.

Look at artists like Waka Flocka or Lil Wayne. Their music is mediocre. There's a reason people listen to them.

People from all different generations liked different clothes, different music etc. Much of this is due to the culture they are brought up in or whatever they were given.

It truly surprises me that many of you cannot understand something so simple.
Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.
eraser.time206 is offline   Reply With Quote