Music Banter - View Single Post - My Opinion Column About Music
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 03:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Are you fucking serious about the Smiths, Radiohead and the Smashing Pumpkins not being mainstream? For starters the Smiths are pretty much a British musical institution and anybody that was around in the 1980s and into music, normally had a Smiths song embedded into their mind and the indie crowd that used to walk around wearing tight black trousers, were 99% of the time into the Smiths as well. As for Radiohead, they led the post brit-pop era here in the UK and were/still are one of the biggest bands of the time, I mean I can`t think of another British band since the heydays of Pink Floyd that played such complex music and still appealed to large sections of the music public. Also, the Smashing Pumpkins were probably one of the biggest bands of the 1990s.

I admit I find it amusing how you criticize certain elements of music and then have the audacity to say Coldplay are a good band.
i read somewhere in MOJO magazine that even garbage collectors in the UK can hum a Radiohaed tune

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote