Music Banter - View Single Post - What Shows Have You Been To Lately?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Well I was going to see Testament and Death Angel in a few weeks but for whatever reason that show has been cancelled. I was also tempted to go see Cynic in a few weeks with the rumor that Anathema would be touring with them, but that doesn't seem to be the case, for this show at least. So my two shows for the rest of the year that I was looking forward to seeing are gone :/

However in the spirit of the thread, I did go see Sweatshop Union back in early-mid September with a buddy, although we had to sit through like 5 opening acts. It got to the point where we left the venue, went to a gas station, bought 40 oz's and started drinking them outside this scrap yard near the venue. By the time we finished them, Sweatshop Union were already a little ways into their set and my buddy wanted to leave because he has old man hips and they were sore after spending 2 hours standing through opening acts. As he was my ride home, I grudgingly went with him, still we got through at least 5 songs so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Last show I actually had a really good time at was back in May when I saw Dessa and Sims play on a Wednesday night during Finals week. I even told her that the small audience was probably attributed to all the university students studying for their finals. Still it was a pretty decent show all things considered. Last few shows I saw before that were other hip hop shows, Ceschi in February, Talib Kweli in April, and Gift of Gab later that month. It's been a very hip hop year for me, which is good for making up for all the shows I missed before I really got into the genre, but god damn what I wouldn't give for a metal show.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote