Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Best Guitarist Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #982 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Oh god that was horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
^^ Yes that is terrible. Interesting choice with Leonard Cohen, he does a very good finger-picking style.
Well, see, if you ask me, Haino is 1000x more interesting than say Petrucci. What he lacks in putting forth actual 'technical' attributes is a form of guitar which relays a true emotional atmosphere.

I bet you ten million dollars he could be shredding right there, or playing some old blues licks. But, he does not, because he actually uses his instrument to achieve a unique aesthetic, and has been doing this since the 1970s.

That's why I say he's a contender for 'best guitarist'. Because he sees past the Halen-ish 'dee-da-le-dee-da-lee' style of playing, and represents a form that is practically unheard of before him.

Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote