Music Banter - View Single Post - Surreptitiously, However...
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad View Post
Bulldog! How are you mate? Longe time no see.
Long time no see indeed, Mr Ballad sir! I'm good ta. Between jobs, trying to figure how I'm gonna pay for Christmas and so on!

I'll be sure to check out Divine Comedy in some depth soon. I would do tonight, but for some bizarre reason best known to itself my library's gone and deleted itself off my mediamonkey player. All the MP3 files are still there and backed up several times over, just gotta take a while to sort them out all over again.

Good lad for mentioning Aztec Camera - High Land Hard Rain is one of my all-time favs also. Couldn't agree more with how the album comes off as a bit top-heavy though - so many great songs at the start that the end doesn't really stand out so much as it might. It's a tough call, but the Boy Wonders, Walk Out To Winter, the Bugle Sounds Again and We Could Send Letters would be my picks of the litter. The Knife is another album of theirs worth having as well. Apart from that, all I've got of theirs is a copy of their best of and Love - the album with Somewhere In My Heart on it (which is only half-decent really).

As for the Style Council, all I really know of theirs is this;

The Style Council - Have You Ever Had It So Blue - YouTube

^ The song they did for the soundtrack of Absolute Beginners (which is itself an album absolutely everyone should own if I'm frank).
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote