Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Best Guitarist Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #984 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
I doubt discord of it's equal has ever been heard.
EXACTLY! He's expressive, and his expression is nihilistic anger, and disdain. Much more entertaining thank Eric Clapton's 'Hey, I'm a white guy, and I have no feeling in my playing, but I really liked the blues, and can somewhat imitate it' style. Haino brings real emotion to his guitar work, and that's something that solo guitarists solely lack.

Not only that, but he does it well. He'll play something ****ed up with 'improper' technique, but his vocabulary of 'improper' technique is unparalleled. Clapton may know the blues technique, but has 0% feeling. Haino's guitar work gives legit distress to the instrument, therefore validating it as a tool that stretches beyond 'notes and chords', and exposes the listener to true compelling emotion.

Clapton presents 100% of the technique of blues guitarists like Robert Johnson who pioneered the instrument, and 0% the emotion. Haino presents 0% the technique and 100% the emotion.

Keiji Haino, and his guitar alone, can mesmerize me with his strange technique, clever feedback manipulating, and true raw heart, and emotion for an hour. Yet someone like Vai puts me to sleep in 5 minutes with his dull, stenciled in, robotic duplication of hand shapes. Lightning fast, but ultra-castrated doesn't always win, imo.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote