Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #10737 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykonos View Post
Today I watched Serenity, completing any moments in the Firefly 'verse I'll ever have the pleasure of experiencing again. I think there's no shame in saying I cried at the ending.
I cried during Serenity...and pretty much at some point while watching every single Joss Whedon TV series. Damn him.

Last movie was:

Surprising, not bad at all. Yes, the acting was sub-par in some places, but I loved the idea behind the story. A future where time is currency, and some people quite literally live from day to day. And of course there is an imbalance of "wealth". Think of this movie as Logan's Run-meets-Robin Hood-meets-Bonnie and Clyde.

I really like Justin Timberlake as an actor (more than a singer, although I've gotta say, he does have some catchy songs), and I had high expectations for him in this movie which sadly he didn't quite meet. He's good in his off-beat rolls though (anyone see him in "Southland Tales"? Awesome stuff.)

It's not masterpiece, but it should hold your attention for a couple hours. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars.