Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Best Guitarist Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #1026 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
And you're saying he's good on what authority? He sucks, to me. You think he's good, that's fine. Doesn't change the fact that he sucks.
I'm saying he's good on the authority that he's a widely acclaimed experimental guitarist, and a veteran of the artform. You are claiming he "sucks" with no real indication other than your extremely ignorant disrespect for experimentation, and blatant close-mindedness.

If you were the chairman of music in the 1920s(a fictional all powerful dictatorial position that I made up for this hypothetical) there would be no blues cause it'd be just 'a bunch of noisey racket with the damn idiots rubbing bottles against their strings. They need to learn how to play.' Because it was exactly the conservative attitude at the time, and it's exactly yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
You know, if the concept of music had never been discovered, I think that Keiji and others would still be twanging and plonking away on their guitars because it is natural to mess around with things we don't understand. Remember the first time you ever picked up a guitar? We all had a good bash, and it captured the passion and rebelliousness of our youth. It was emotional. But then someone would say, "no, we don't play like that, we'll damage the guitar. This is how to play a G-Chord". And from there we never looked back.
With your attitude, music would have never really been 'discovered'.

This guy is quite talented, but my amazement comes more from seeing what he's doing than hearing it.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 11-09-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote