Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #3501 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Anyone else looking forward to England v Spain this weekend? I am myself. Not because I think we're capable of beating them or anything, but because it'll be interesting to see just how far our younger players have yet to go if England wants to be a competitive team again. It'll be an opportunity to see a lot of our youngsters in action...or at least it should be (if I see Gareth Barry and Frank Lampard starting, I'll be a bit annoyed really).

Talking of, like, football and that, does anyone genuinely expect England to go far in Euro 2012? Personally I think with or without Rooney (who's barely turned up to a major tournament since Euro 2004), we'll be lucky to get past the group stage. I see the whole thing as an opportunity to build for the future, give untried players big-game experience and such, as opposed to something we can actually come even close to winning.

All that said, I really hope I'm wrong in writing off the lads like this. It's just that I've had a serious crisis of faith in the team since the last world cup (the draw against Montenegro at Wembley in particular).
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote