Music Banter - View Single Post - What Shows Have You Been To Lately?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Opeth were stunning. They didnt play any metal, but rather a complete set of their proggier, clean stuff. The set list for this tour wont please everyone but I thought it was astounding.
So then was it all from Heritage and Damnation? Or just Heritage? Or did they throw in clean bits from other albums too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Are you sure you're using atonality in the correct definition? Because, knowing or not, I'm sure there's a ton of music which you enjoy that is atonal. Hip-hop, for example, is obviously completely atonal, as well as a lot of rock.

Personally, I don't care for scales. That's not just for noise, or avant-garde, either. There's no reason why you can't right fully harmonic/melodic music completely ignoring them. I think there's gaps in the system that can easily be matched with human intuition which is often more substantial than 'theory math'.

Glad you enjoyed Mastadon, though. I really need to get out to concerts more. Last thing I saw was Battles, and that was in freaking August.
Yeah I'm probably misusing that word. So put it this way: Dillinger waged war with my ears, and my ears were on the losing side. How was Battles? That was post-Tyondai right?
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote