Music Banter - View Single Post - Living Colour
Thread: Living Colour
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

I've just picked up this band randomly again, and I always wonder why Living Colour weren't as big as they could have been. They are treated as just sort of a figment of their times where they got massive huge, and then disappeared as if they were a dud.

I'm curious, was it due to overexposure? Did people just assume they were a gimmicky 'hey, now here's BLACK guys who rock, black guys can rock too!'? Did people assume they were just a one hit wonder with 'Cult of Personality', and assume the rest of their catalog was ****?

I am listening to Callideoscope which came out in 2003, and it's a fairly solid album for start to finish, and as stated 'Vivid', and 'Times Up'(which I feel is much better than Vivid) are masterpieces.

The band is just plain fantastic. Shame really, because it looks like they were killed by their own overhype by mainstream media, and kind of got the shaft in term of historical remembrance.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote