Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
eraser.time206
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Hey, I'm just saying I didn't like it. My brain just couldn't relate to it. I didn't find it "played from the heart". I thought it had neither structure nor meaning.

If you like it, I have no authority whatsoever to tell you that you are wrong. It really is a question of taste. Just don't expect too many people agreeing with you when you try and claim that Buckethead is better than Jimi Hendrix.
I think a lot of Hendrix is just the name. I know he was a great player for his time but if it was Hendrix playing those songs people would be falling over worshiping him. I've done blind tests with people and have found out this is true. You show someone a great song and before you show it to them you say "Hendrix, Clapton, Eddie Van made it" and they go all crazy. It's more of a psychological thing.
Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.
eraser.time206 is offline   Reply With Quote