Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #51 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
I wanted to compare the two.

There are more categories but these are the simplest. I have been blown away by the diversity and emotion in his music time and time again.

What are your opinions on these guitarists and who is better in your opinion and for what reasons?
Jimi Hendrix as he was far more emotional.

Quote:
I think a lot of Hendrix is just the name. I know he was a great player for his time but if it was Hendrix playing those songs people would be falling over worshiping him. I've done blind tests with people and have found out this is true. You show someone a great song and before you show it to them you say "Hendrix, Clapton, Eddie Van made it" and they go all crazy. It's more of a psychological thing.
Blind tests with you! Getting psychological....now thats scary!

Quote:
When I say sensual I don't mean sexual. Jimi Hendrix played music that you could feel in your flesh. His movements, voice and creativity evoked sensual (there's not real word for this so I'll use this word) music-orgasms.
Again you`re getting your adjectives totally wrong, sensual does means sexual and sensual its just an outward expression of sexual. I guess you mean to say sensuous here, which has a more subtle meaning.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote