Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
Jimi brought in something never heard before. Buckethead simply perfects the already existing sounds.
That's one way to put your seemingly irrelevant comparison into context..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I can tell by the tone in your voice and the way you pronounce "The Republicans", that you could possibly be a hard core Democrat Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra.

Meanwhile..back to the subject at hand..

What would be one of Bucketheads more popular/mainstream singles?
I'm probably a bit left for democrat economically. Plus, I've very pro-death penalty, and apathetic to the environment. I meant mostly just the 'white haired old men' who probably are the same who worship Hendrix today, and rip into any of the radical variants of current generation guitarists(albeit, there are few as the instrument has been going out of style).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Who do you guys think is the more technical player/style of the two?
Buckethead is a more studied guitarist, probably well more academic in his approach. Hendrix literally taught himself simply by playing with his instrument, imitating things on feel(and probably being slightly inaccurate), where as you assume Buckethead analyzes things from a more textbook point of view.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote