Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #79 (permalink)
eraser.time206
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclistsareus View Post
I'm not familiar with Buckethead, aside from his association with Axl Rose and seeing pictures of him looking ridiculous with a bucket on his head-I promise I will check his music out when I get a chance. I'm more familiar with Hendrix and in all my years as a music fan (I'm 46 with a 4000+ cd collection), I've never seen Hendrix not be listed first in a list of the greatest guitarists of all time. Most of his contemporaries adored him, most subsequent guitarists learned from him and current guitarists have a greatly expanded musical vocabulary because of him. I'd like to hear Buckethead's opinion-my guess is, he wouldn't say he was superior to Jimi. Unless he's a douche. I've never been a big fan of Hendrix or Vai or Satriani, but there is no disputing they are all talented, gifted players and if Buckethead is among their company, I salute him-But I probably won't buy many of his recordings either. My guitar gods are; Dick Dale, Django, Mark Knopfler, Pat Methany, Ralph Towner, Brian May, Phil Keaggy, and Joe Pass-even though none of them play the kind of music that Jimmy an/or Mr. Buckethead.
Phil Keaggy is awesome man.

Check out these videos of Buckethead and see if you like him.

Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.
eraser.time206 is offline   Reply With Quote