Music Banter - View Single Post - lolbertarians
Thread: lolbertarians
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
He stole that from Zappa!

On a side note, I can't honestly take Ron Paul seriously after his yelling outside the builderberg thing. Makes him look too much like an unproffesional lunatic, and kind of pathetic for not being invited. (even though I don't personally stand for the idea of a super secret meeting).
On Zappa:
Frank Zappa was one of the few people I felt actually 'got it'. In him there was a guy who wasn't a habitual drug user but supported the rights of others to do what they wanted to do to themselves, and an advocate for lifelong education. I'm kinda pissed he never made the personal foray into politics himself, he would have definitely salvaged America from the grips of Reaganomics.

On libertarianism:
F. ex. the abortion issue is pretty divisive in itself; this kind of thinking pretty much takes a step back from the question: does the government have a right to interfere with your personal decisions? I am a staunch supporter of Roe v. Wade but I sure as fuck am not going to condone anyone in my family/friends/ex-gifs getting one. Might seem like a paradox, but I assure you it's not.

Why? Because I see it as a response to an evolutionary aberration. But my decision to support LIFE should NOT be reflected upon others, or whatever desire they have to maim themselves.

On Ron Paul:
The guy is certain to have a few duds in the tank for every warhead. That's why we have a President and not an autocrat. Villainizing the man for being misguided at times doesn't invalidate the rest of him, does it?

I should remind you Frank Zappa often remarked that tobacco was his favorite vegetable. And I'm 99% certain his shit was serious as cancer.