Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 AM   #98 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
You do realize that Hendrix had a lot of antics as well don't you? He broke his guitar and lit it on fire. He even played it with his teeth and behind his back. I'm sure if you're as good as Hendrix or Malmsteen you're going to try and show off.

Either way Malmsteen does show emotion. Even if it is in his own way.
have you actually seen any Malmsteen live performances? he plays in front of an orchestra, after pulling one of his trademark piddly-piddly solos, he swings the entire guitar round his body then looks like he's the conductor of the orchestra

it's not the "antics" i'm worried about, it's his trademark copying of well-known classical motifs and his pretensions that he is a "guitar God"

i do admit i am still fond of "Rising Force" - neo-classical was interesting back in the day, it takes a lot of skill and dexterity to play (i have learnt neo-classical)

but saying he has a microscopic percentage of the emotions evoked by the original classical works, is like saying "Beavis and Butthead" has an ounce of the artistry of Citizen Kane

it's just classical copycatting for the metalheads

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote