Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #101 (permalink)
eraser.time206
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Stop chucking your dummy about!

Lets look at some of the facts of why I think you`re looking to be controversial.

1) You hijack "The British Invasion Thread" by stating the ridiculous notion, that bands like the Beatles are to blame for the current ills of American society, through their garbage lyrics and that McCartney and Lennon can`t write to save their lives. Yet you still think they are one of the greatest bands ever!

2) You start the "Dream Theater Thread" with oh I really like this band BUT they`re lifeless machines with no real feeling and they sound like a computer without its software. BUT of course you still state that you really like this band (sometimes)

3) You then start the Hendrix v Buckethead thread, admittedly you haven`t contradicted yourself so much here, but you`ve played the controversial card of Jimi played with no emotion! You stated that he was sensual but not in a sexual way, then expressed the fact that you don`t really know how to express yourself and have probably got this wrong, but still go on defending the Jimi has no emotion angle.

You`ve basically in the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix picked out two of rock`s most revered artists and know that a lot of people on the forum have a very high opinion of these artists, then come out with some controversial opinions about them and when challenged, you then play "I`m entitled to my own opinion" card. You`ve contradicted yourself more times than any politician, got your adjectives and nouns hopelessly wrong and shown just how stubborn you really are.

You`ve also used the angle, that WE are all overawed with artists like the Beatles and Hendrix and for this reason we can`t see past the hype. I mean that is just so arrogant on your part!!!! Most people on this forum have a very diverse knowledge of music and its history and can therefore reach their own conclusions on artists without you saying we`ve been conned.

The Beatles and Hendrix are rock legends, accept that, if you don`t like them then fine, but don`t go around spouting out nonsense about them.

I don`t like the Rolling Stones, Beach Boys or Eric Clapton, I may make some passing negative comments about them BUT I don`t spend a whole thread or chasing some pointless argument against them, these guys are legends, I don`t like them, but they`re still legends and I accept that, when an artist is revered, its normally for a reason.

Sure I came into this thread thinking eraser was going to be more constructive and sensible than normal.........but more fool me.
Don't be a hypocrite. You haven't made any real contributions to any of the threads I've posted on. I read your post and understand why you would be upset nevertheless you never actually made an effort to make conversation till now.

They are just musicians. They didn't raise me and they are not my family.

Let's don't play the "I do this BUT at least I don't do what you do" argument. That's just being self-righteous.

I don't care about arguing with you and don't have an interest in it. It would be better if you don't reply to me anymore if you are going to take everything so personally.

In the end of the day everyone here has said something about an artist that others would not like. I suggest you go look for those posts and posters and follow them everywhere too.
Before I go on, let me warn you that I talk dirty, and that I will say things you will neither enjoy nor agree with. You shouldn't feel threatened, though, because I am a mere buffoon, and you are all philosophers.
eraser.time206 is offline   Reply With Quote