Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #485 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default One (well, several actually) of our videos is missing!

Recently I had cause to go through my journal stem to stern, in order to catalogue what I had written, so as not to end up repeating myself, and also to create a record of what I'm writing that can be referenced easily.

While doing so, I noticed a few YouTube videos I had linked to were no longer there. Now, there are of course many reasons why YT would remove videos, none of which I have any control over. I replaced any I found no longer worked, with videos from alternative sources wherever possible.

The point is that had I not gone through the journal I would not have known about these missing videos, and someone clicking on one would have been disappointed, perhaps directing curses in my direction! I don't want anyone having hassle reading through my journal; it's meant to be fun, a diversion, interesting and informative, not a source of frustration.

So I'm sending out a general appeal now to my readers, especially the newer ones who may only be starting at the early pages: if you see any videos not working, or referenced incorrectly, or indeed any errors of any sort, or have problems with the journal, please email me or post and let me know. If it's a video missing/not working, I'd appreciate it if you could include the following information: page number and/or date, section (eg album review, Daily Earworm, Weird sh*t I like etc) and as much information about the video as it will give you, the title if possible or if not then which it was in the sequence --- first, second, third etc. Any help like that would be great.

I'm doing my best to maintain a hopefully interesting and diverse journal, and any little problems like this need to be dealt with, but I can't deal with them if I don't know they exist, so I'm relying on you guys.

Thanks for listening.

Trollheart