Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #656 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
I never hear anyone mention FSA even though they were one of the driving forces of post-rock and DIY recording. David's folk influences coupled with his love for washed out guitar noise make a wonderful combination. It's a shame he completely disappears from the world of music and no one seems to notice or care. Last message he sent out to his fans was lamenting over the fact that he's grouped with "Space Rock" and how he longed for an identity distanced from such a label.
Definitely a hugely underrated band, and better than nearly all bands associated with the post-rock tag whether they were post-rock or not. Even on their self-titled debut when they had more of a shoegaze sound they still managed to sound so different and unique, I've yet to come across another band that invokes the same feeling and atmosphere as Flying Saucer Attack. There are very few people around these boards that seem to know about them but GravitySlips is a fan and I've reviewed their self-titled album and Further on these boards. Yeah I wonder what David Pearce is up to now.