Music Banter - View Single Post - scratched cds
Thread: scratched cds
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
On issues like this, I don't really believe in people's subjective experiences. I'm sure you've had the experience that painting a CD with a green marker made the sound quality better, but I don't believe that what you experienced was objective truth. I think you imagined the better quality, perhaps because of a want/willingness to believe. You had already read or heard that it worked and so a suggestion was already implanted in you, swaying your experience when you listened to the marked CD.
Haha, feel free to believe that. If you don't mind I believe what I heard, allright? I know I'm not wrong. But there's no way of proving that to you. As a matter of fact, if the above is the way you think about it, you'll probably hear no difference whatsoever simply because you don't want to. Same theory, other way around. I know what I heard and I know it's a big difference. Hard to ignore.
But whichever is true, the only thing that matters for the topic starter is the fact that it does indeed make cd's more readable. So it might help