Music Banter - View Single Post - How many people here have read the major religious texts of the major religions?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Default RE: How many people here have read the major religious texts of the major religions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonar1 View Post
I have read some of the "major religious texts," and a scattering of other such polemics by gurus, theologists, and other assorted observers of "reality."

For my money, many seem to point to a state of consciousness that includes serenity, which I find attractive, and attainable through some types of meditation.

I believe many of these ancient texts were sort of trail head markers, and most give us permission to make it up as we go along (as they were doing), before the jailer mentality of each institution began interpreting and translating in ways that protected a power base for and of the particular institution that grew up in the wake with the person who had the vision of reality that appealed to them.

Symbolic language can transcend time and speak across cultures to universal human experiences. However much of this is lost in authoritative editing.

It takes a certain amount of time on the planet grappling with the stuff of life to develop a sense of what these ancient texts are really trying to show us a way to.

I liken it to a popular kiddie ride at our local Boardwalk:

The most educational ride is a little round low tub of water with a few plastic boats: for the little tykes.

Each has a couple of steering wheels (for the married couples I'm guessing?), but the steering wheels are not actually connected to anything.

'Round and 'round they go, "steering" their destinies.

Buy the time the kids reach age 5 or 6 they figure out that the steering wheels aren't actually connected to anything and don't have anything to do with navigating their course, so they then move on to more interesting rides.

I was 58!

Oh sure, there's a red plastic "horn" in the center of the steering wheel you can pound on to make that pathetic "squeak." But that's just the complaint dept. It doesn't help either.
Somebody here gets it

Do you see something between The Book of Tao, and, the so-called heresies?

The Name Jesus the Nazarene Christ was not the problem. Logos is everywhere as everyone. It's what they do with Names.

So, He taught eastern, they Just turn Him Country and Western. Johnny Cash, the man in black But, if people do see themselves as everyone, they will never understand what He had to portray. Read the heretics like Thomas, Phillip and Mary's fragmented bits, and then here's a link to something I think you find interesting.

Home

As for meditation, you have stimulate the energy of what you know as kundalini. She sits in cave of the sacrum. That's where she lies. You are apparently capable of True enlightenment. I see it in your Words. And, I can feel auras, I've been able since I was young. I knew from childhood, that probably the only man standing. So, you all saved me, trust me.

I enjoy when i see someone who actually sees from the inside.

But, for the sake of the people who glasses on, this isn't about any personal salvation. It's done, It has been, we are the world, and it is one.

Freebie from the 'Dialogue of the Savior' I'm the last man standing.

"Nothing, then, redeems us from this world. But the All which we are, we are saved. We have received salvation from end to end. Let us think in this way! Let us comprehend in this way!" - Dialogue of the Savior

I did not actually awakened. I was made to awaken. To present the dialogue

peace

Last edited by blankety blank; 11-16-2011 at 05:04 AM. Reason: incomplete text and added text
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote