Music Banter - View Single Post - No more facebook
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Default No more facebook

I recently deleted my facebook. I have found my productivity has increased a lot! While not so much in general but I can actually do work on the computer now... Before I had such a problem with essays I had to pretty well stick to libraries and writing out by hand and only writing up the final draft on computer.

Its pretty funny being at an age where eveeeryone one has facebook and not being in the loop of it. Its really not so bad. In fact its really good as it gives you distance from people. I don't wanna hear about some ones day every day no matter how much I like them and hearing about so much stuff can be a little much. Related to being bombarded with too much information I find getting to know people is different when facebook exists. I get bored of people much quicker depending if I have them on facebook or not. You end up knowing too much about a person too quickly I find and it doesn't match the natural flow I enjoy when getting to know some one. It annoys me especially since its not really the person itself I get bored of its just the process in which I do it is not really satisfying.

You may be asking why not just use it in moderation etc etc. To me the cons can almost never outweigh the positives no matter how much I use it. It is not really an issue for me either. I can contact people that I want to by cell or in real life and losing communication with people I would not keep in contact with normally isn't a bad thing for me. It lets me focus my energy more on people that actually affect me instead of caring about prior relationships.

It may sound strange but everything is much more real with out Facebook. I don't get only the cream of the crop of what people say and idealized images of peoples lives. Maybe I shouldn't be so effected by social networking and that business but I think it is possible for me to just not use it. Its worth mentioning that a lot of these social network issues of warping reality are a lot more subtle then people can realize. Especially as a teenager where you are developing your character a whole lot. You are in a state of such irrationality no matter how much you can understand in your head that things on facebook aren't the truth your subconscious tells you something else completely.

Being in a mood of change (and motivated by being less distracted and doing better in university) I thought deleting my facebook account would be a real good idea.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote