Music Banter - View Single Post - iTunes or inport?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Do not talk to me about itunes. I mistakenly updated the latest version and spent a day and a half trying to get a mere 20 gigs of music onto my ipod touch.

I have music that shows up in the album section but not the artist section. Some albums have been put on three times and some are listed but have no files. If you have a band for example Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, it won't recognise the album if it comes up with '&' instead of 'and'. Surely they have the software to recognise them as the same thing? Many albums missing track one and put into a separate album and the amount of times I have added artwork, correct tags, profiles etc only to find that what's in my itunes folder doesn't end up on my ipod.

Considering it is supposed to be this all encompassing database of music it is seriously flawed and even if you have one track with a space before the bands name it won't put it into the same album. HATE HATE HATE. I can't get on with mediamonkey either so that's a no no for me.
I have this exact same problem. I restored my Touch yesterday and it's fine now, but I know that the minute I add a new artist, the alphabetical ordering will be way out of wack.