Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #495 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Some more random tracks I'd recommend you listen to, as they're really worth taking the time to hear.
First we have a great track from All About Eve's self-titled debut album, this is a moody, atmospheric and often dark song called “Shelter from the rain”.
Shelter from the rain (All About Eve) from "All About Eve" on Mercury

Still getting my head around Porcupine Tree, but I keep hearing tracks I like during my playlists. This is one that I really have enjoyed hearing quite a few times now, it's called “Russia on ice”. Quite long, too.
Russia on ice (Porcupine Tree) from "Lightbulb sun" on Snapper

Although it's not one of my favourite Asia albums, I do like this one from “Silent nation”, a great little piece called “Gone too far”. Unbelievably, it's about the only track from the album that isn't on YouTube, so here's one I made meself!
Gone too far (Asia) from "Silent nation" on InsideOut

This just makes me think of all those great prog-rock songs of the 70s and 80s. This is Pendragon, with the title track from their album “Kowtow”.
Kowtow (Pendragon) from "Kowtow" on Toff

I'm a big fan of Nanci Griffith, and have all her albums, but this one really strikes a chord with me. Just the lyric, the way it's sung, the longing for times past: it's a great song, from “Once in a very blue moon”, it's “Ghost in the music.”
Ghost in the music (Nanci Griffith) from "Once in a very blue moon" on Philo

And to finish this selection we'll stay with the ladies, and an artiste who can be a little disappointing at times, but when she's good, she's very good, like here, with a track from her album “Secrets of astrology”, a great little ballad called “Under the sun”.
Under the sun (Lana Lane) from "Secrets of astrology" on Think Tank

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-29-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote