Music Banter - View Single Post - No more facebook
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
21. It was the same through high school too though.
Hmm not sure then maybe its just the timing of it. 4 years is a significant part of facebooks history. It could also be a demographic thing too although we are both Canadian not sure. Probably doesn't matter all that much.

I am glad you guys find good use out of facebook. It is clear though that its definitely not for me.

It is interesting though how big of a pain it is to ACTUALLY delete you account. You have to search through all of these things and eventually you find a thing allowing you too deactivate your account. However that doesn't actually delete it you have to look for something else. Eventually you find it and you click delete blah blah blah and then it doesn't actually delete it for 14 days... It just deactivates it for 2 weeks and if you don't log back in THEN finally it deletes your account.

Also it may be worth mentioning that there are some privacy issues that may affect some people here. It doesn't bother me but facebook has royalty free rights to literally any content (pictures videos etc) you post on facebook. I understand they couldn't really do anything with this content very publicly because it would cause a backlash in their community but it is interesting that they have that power to begin with. Anyone know why they can do this or why they do this at all?
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote