Music Banter - View Single Post - Surreptitiously, However...
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

There are moments in life which you don't forget. In my case, they tend to be more beautiful than they are important.
Earlier this year, I went to Poland. During one part of the trip I stayed in a hotel which was near a lake. The sights weren't particularly terrific, but one day I we went on a tour in the lake in a small vessel. The clouds were gathering up in the sky, and it was quite predictable that climatic hell was about going to break loose, but we still went. As we got to the middle of the lake, thunder started bellowing angrily and it began raining cats and dogs. Well, water, really.
That day, I was (surprisingly...) quite melancholy, so it seemed the weather was making a bit of an effort to match my mood. Well, oddly, I found this not only very adequate, but quite uplifting. We "anchored" near the shore, next to a few reeds, waiting for the storm to pass. The scenery was beautiful enough, but I decided I'd spice things up with a good tune, so I put my headphones on, selected Country Rain, by Slowdive, and just sat there. It was one of the most beautiful bloody moments in my life. I seriously don't know if it's a bit depressing that I might find this type of thing more "relevant" than a lot of other pleasant social situations I've been in, but such is life.
Oh, and then we went back to the port and had to run from the boat to the hotel. I got absolutely drenched, it was brilliant.

Last edited by The Fascinating Turnip; 11-17-2011 at 04:11 PM.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote