Music Banter - View Single Post - No more facebook
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
24 hours in a day, 168 in a week. If you sleep 8 hours a day, that's 56 a week. Say you work 40 hours a week... Still there are 72 hours of free time (besides eating and restroom breaks). Someone broke that down for me. It seems obvious but really it helps to see it like that once.

On a similar note, sleeping 8 hours a day, every day, is literally sleeping 1/3 of your life.

If you can manage it, try just 6. Don't cold turkey or your body will try to overcompensate the next night. And you may sleep 10. It happens. But if you just take those 2 hours a day and use them, you're only sleeping 1/4 of your life, and you'll have 86 hours a week of free time!

I'm not sure if there are negative health effects of getting just 6 hours a night consistently, but some older folks that have done so say that was something they recommend as fulfilling. Same folks that tell you to pick up pennies off the ground. I think they're onto something. It's not for everyone though...
Hmm thats a real good idea! For a while I thought I needed atleast 9 hours of sleep but I have been noticing lately that it wasn't so much how much sleep but what time I went to bed and what time I got up. I almost no matter how much sleep I get feel good when I wake up around 7:30 - 8:00 after that I tend to feel quite droggy.
Ill experiment and tell ya how getting less sleep works for me.

Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote