Music Banter - View Single Post - The who gives a f*ck thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #311 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Be careful with SAM-e; I had issues with it. I won a very large amount for writing a poem for one of their contests, in addition to a SAM-e journal and pen a while back, and started taking them everyday.

About a week in, I noticed that for no apparent reason, I kept needing to like, sigh or yawn deeply to feel like I was getting enough air in my lungs. I didn't really think anything of it, and just thought maybe I was tired.

A few days later though, I started getting light-headed every single day - which is not normal for me - but it did elevate my mood. About two weeks in, I was doing the sigh deeply to get appropriate oxygen thing, and literally passed out. That's when I stopped taking it.
Woah. That's not good! I haven't taken it in awhile since I can't afford it. Oh well. I actually found out that I can go to a psychiatrist, because it's covered by my family's insurance. All I need to give is a $10 co-pay! I'd rather actually consult someone about my issues and get their advice than continue to try supplements and hope they help.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote