Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Bang AKA Where The **** Did It All Start?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #118 (permalink)
sonar1
Groupie

Humankind can only glimpse a tiny part of the whole of this Universe and conclude that it consists of matter and energy, and that at some point there's no difference.

As we move off the planet and into different perspectives (as example the gains in knowledge already afforded by The Hubble telescope, and various probes that have been sent out, etc)), I suspect today's revelations will be dropped in favor of new ones which will possibly reveal that we're doing the things the hard way with CERN, etc.

Nevertheless it is the process we have, so we follow it until the technology becomes obsolete due to discoveries yet to be understood or even suspected as yet.

I find the quest for this understanding fascinating, and salute those who have dedicated their lives to understanding the physical "reality" we find ourselves operating in as beings.

There seem to be levels of understanding that are very difficult to transmit to the general population.

Stephen Hawking, et al, think in math.

I think in English. So right away there are things I'm not going to understand that they are fluent in.
sonar1 is offline   Reply With Quote