Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #367 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Default punctuation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
There are some problems with your grammar, Steve. Why am I here? I've been here longer than you. Why the hell are you here? This a music forum. Cut the bull**** and try talking about music.

You continue to say I'm insulting you, but I'm not. It's true that there are some problems with your grammar. Maybe you're speaking in some kind of tongue where your grammar is correct, if that's the case, then we don't speak in the same tongue.

Just a couple examples of your grammar errors.

"He all confused"? It should be "he's".

"How many times do people need to see things, before, they wake up?"

^No need for the commas there.

Tell me Steve, what exactly are you trying to do here? You're in a Bob Dylan thread and only a small fraction of your comments have had anything to with him. I was on your side, Steve. I was reading everything you write, but you continue to insist that I'm insulting you, and I'm not. And when I say "you're something else", that's not an insult. I've yet to come across anyone on this forum that is anything like you, that's why I say you are "something else".

Thanks. Can I hire you as my editor? I write a lot, and, don't have time for too much editing. I can't pay you, but, you can volunteer if you like. Community service is charity. Thanks, I know you will. You are good like that.

I'm trying to communicate the messages of the 'renowned' artists of prose and music into the forum called music banter.com in the True sense of definition, of what it means, literally. Feel free to correct any punctuality errors. And, I miss a word here and there, so, it is not because I am less grammatically correct than you, I actually can articulate. I just don't spell check, or scan my long posts that are designed to help people relieve their uncertainty, and, to demonstrate how easy it is to understand who and what we are through the music I love.

Quote:
Why am I here? I've been here longer than you. Why the hell are you here? This a music forum. Cut the bull**** and try talking about music.
Muse + ic = Music.

Grab a dictionary blasting gas. I give you the 'root', and, then you can follow it around the universe, for all the definitions, and connections, synonyms, and what not. I don't spend time with punctuality 'rules'. So, I'm sorry if offends you that I missed several commas and such. I figure you'd could get the meaning without proper punctuation. Sorry.

Muse. We'll start here. And, we have start from the source. Are you ready for a trip?

noun
Classical Mythology .
a.
any of a number of sister goddesses, originally given as Aoede (song), Melete (meditation), and Mneme (memory), but latterly and more commonly as the nine daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who presided over various arts: Calliope (epic poetry), Clio (history), Erato (lyric poetry), Euterpe (music), Melpomene (tragedy), Polyhymnia (religious music), Terpsichore (dance), Thalia (comedy), and Urania (astronomy); identified by the Romans with the Camenae.

b. any goddess presiding over a particular art. I believe that would be Calliope.

'With this very unpleasing, sneezing, and wheezing, when Calliope crashed to the ground'.

2. ( sometimes lowercase ) the goddess or the power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like. I believe that is the major point of my posts. Yes, I know it is.

3. ( lowercase ) the genius or powers characteristic of a poet. I have certainly bantered about this for certain.

Bob is a poetic genius, there is no debate there, right?

Where shall we go now.

Should I ask you to interpret what Bruce meant by that verse?

It is a music banter communication site.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English Muse < Middle French < Latin Mūsa < Greek Moûs

That was but one.

— n - a goddess that inspires a creative artist, esp a poet

[C14: from Old French, from Latin Mūsa, from Greek Mousa a Muse]

Who's on topic here? We have to keep going, because, if you want to banter, then, we have to banter. Bob Dylan changed his name, and he was an artist, was he not? So, we need to know a whole lot of things, before we banter. And, 'the times they are a changing'

— n
Greek myth any of nine sister goddesses, each of whom was regarded as the protectress of a different art or science.

Daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, the nine are Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania

Wow. Look how much we have to know now, before we can banter.

muse
late 14c., protectors of the arts, from L. Musa, from Gk. Mousa, lit. "muse, music, song," from PIE root *mon-/*men-/*mn- "to think, remember" (see mind (n.)). The names of the nine Muses, daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne (q.v.), and their specialties are traditionally: Calliope
(epic poetry), .

Protector of the arts muse, music, song, to think remember from mind. The names of the nine Muses, daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, and their specialties.
Calliope (epic poetry)
Clio (history)
Erato (love poetry, lyric art)
Euterpe (music, especially flute)
Melpomene (tragedy)
Polymnia (hymns)
Terpsichore (dance)
Thalia (comedy)
Urania (astronomy)

It gets much better gasblaster, but, you can link to "mind", muse2, muzzle, artist, Bob, Dylan, and all the Muses, and Zeus, and I'll do Mnemosyne.

noun
the ancient Greek goddess of memory, a daughter of Uranus and Gaea and the mother by Zeus of the Muses.

Origin:
< Greek mnēmosýnē memory, akin to mnâsthai to remember, mnḗmōn mindful

Remember, be mindful of the Mother of the Muses. Gaea. Earth.

Word Origin & History

Gaia
"Earth as a goddess," from Gk. Gaia, personification of gaia "earth," a collateral form of ge (Dorian ga) "earth," of unknown origin. The Roman equivalent goddess of the earth was Tellus (see tellurian), sometimes used in Eng. poetically or rhetorically for "Earth personified" or "the Earth as a planet."

Mother Earth. Maggie's Farm comes to mind......

We forgot the suffix 'ic'. I c?

-ic

1. a suffix forming adjectives from other parts of speech, occurring originally in Greek and Latin loanwords
( metallic; poetic; archaic; public )

and, on this model, used as an adjective-forming suffix with the particular senses “having some characteristics of” (opposed to the simple attributive use of the base noun) ( balletic; sophomoric ); “in the style of” ( Byronic; Miltonic ); “pertaining to a family of peoples or languages” ( Finnic; Semitic; Turkic ).

2. Chemistry . a suffix, specialized in opposition to -ous, used to show the higher of two valences: ferric chloride.

3. a noun suffix occurring chiefly in loanwords from Greek, where such words were originally adjectival ( critic; magic; music ).

Origin:
Middle English -ic, -ik < Latin -icus; in many words representing the cognate Greek -ikos (directly or through L); in some words replacing -ique < French < Latin -icus

I'll skip all the things you would need to know, the Muses were daughters of Zeus.

origin, the source of the -sky I think we found "Lucy". Or, just link to sky.

noun
Often, skies ( for defs. 1–4 ) .
1. the region of the clouds or the upper air; the upper atmosphere of the earth: airplanes in the sky; cloudy skies.
2. the heavens or firmament, appearing as a great arch or vault.
3. the supernal or celestial heaven: They looked to the sky for help.
4. the climate: the sunny skies of Italy.

5. Obsolete . a cloud. Did the LORD not come in a pillar of a cloud?.
And, it's obsolete?

verb (used with object)
6. Informal . to raise, throw, or hit aloft or into the air.
7. Informal . to hang (a painting) high on a wall, above the line of vision.

Now, you have to keep going to find out everything we need to banter about.
Muse definition

8. sky up, Falconry . (of prey, when flushed) to fly straight upward.

You always find a bird of prey, and, the skies, planets, a bunch of gods, and we have not enough begun. This is how I appear to be so 'confusing'. I am not confusing you. You will see what I have been saying in every post.

Idioms
9. out of a / the clear sky, without advance notice or warning; abruptly: An old beau phoned her out of a clear sky. Also, out of a / the clear blue sky.

10. to the skies, with lavishness or enthusiasm; extravagantly: to praise someone to the skies. Also, to the sky.

Origin:
1175–1225; Middle English < Old Norse skȳ cloud, cognate with Old English scēo cloud

Not done.

— n , pl skies
1. ( sometimes plural ) the apparently dome-shaped expanse extending upwards from the horizon that is characteristically blue or grey during the day, red in the evening, and black at night Related: celestial , empyrean
2. outer space, as seen from the earth

3. ( often plural ) weather, as described by the appearance of the upper air: sunny skies
4. the source of divine power; heaven
5. informal the highest level of attainment: the sky's the limit
6. to the skies highly; extravagantly

— vb , skies , skies , skying , skied
7. rowing to lift (the blade of an oar) too high before a stroke
8. informal ( tr ) to hit (a ball) high in the air

Related: celestial , empyrean

[C13: from Old Norse skӯ; related to Old English scio cloud, Old Saxon skio, Old Norse skjār transparent skin]

'skylike

— adj

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source
Etymonline

Word Origin & History

sky
c.1220, "a cloud," from O.N. sky "cloud," from P.Gmc. *skeujam "cloud, cloud cover" (cf. O.E. sceo, O.S. scio "cloud;" O.H.G. scuwo, O.E. scua, O.N. skuggi "shadow;" Goth. skuggwa "mirror"), from PIE base *(s)keu- "to cover, conceal" (see hide (n.1)). Meaning "upper regions of the air" is attested from c.1300; replaced native heofon in this sense (see heaven). In M.E., the word can still mean both "cloud" and "heaven," as still in the skies, originally "the clouds." Sky-high is from 1818; phrase the sky's the limit is attested from 1920. Sky-dive first recorded 1965; sky-writing is from 1923.

Let's pick it down. Cloud, or shadow, or mirror to cover, or conceal, (see hide) the upper regions of the air. (see heaven,heofon)

Where do want music to lead you, because, we are not finished, and, I am dead on topic. "knocking on heaven's door" So, where do we go. Because, we see a pretty Blue Sky. Oh. Mr. Blue Sky, and since Jeff Lynn was a band member with Bob. Let's go with ELO. Listen to it. And, we'll go to heaven.

How many songs do you want? I you tubed and was surprised to find the second link was this one?

Was that the Beatles? Strange. I thought two of them were dead. Yet, they live in our memories. And, John Lennon did 'profess to Imagine' some things, and many other 'symbolic' things that confuse people are seen by others. Funny how that works.

language
OR-parallel logic programming.
[Details?]
(1995-03-16) Parallel logic programming?.....not much of a geek.

Maybe, you are, I don't know. Are you? I know parallel logic, not a great programmer. Maybe you are. You've sent messages somewhere. I sense a message. Maybe not.

Where do you want to start. Mind, Artist, Lyric, Poetic, Prophetic, Dyslexic, parallel logic, heaven, or these

outer space, as seen from the earth weather, as described by the appearance of the upper air: sunny skies the source of divine power; heaven celestial , empyrean transparent skin 'skylike

We haven't even to discuss Bob Dylan, and we have to see the artist.

Here's a clue. Hide. Heaven. Transparent skin, empyrean, sky like, or the thousands of other links that all lead you to the entire Truth, and everything you want to know about why we are here, and what we are, and who was who, who did what, why, how, evolution, devolution, and always back to that one book, and it goes on until your head spins. And, leads you straight to why you think I am 'confusing' you.

Take the Word 'hide', apply the transparent skin. And, when you are done running around, and, not correcting punctuation, you may learn some things that qualify as music banter communication.com

And, then google mirror neurons. So, if you still think I'm full of s**t, then if you want to banter Bob Dylan, you might Robert Allan Zimmerman. He changed his name. He named himself after Dylan Thomas. Now, we're right on the topic of religion. So, you might want to check, because, it all links to the Spiritual consciousness of Logos, and Love that these 'professors' send in song, and dance, and art, and poetry, and novel, and....and....and everything.

I believe punctuation.com might have a thread. Just guessing.

I don't take it personally, I just pointed out what I saw in the Words, and what I connect to, which I been somehow able to do all of my life.
So, you know your intentions, and, I apologize if I took the words out of context.

Quote:
Cut the bull**** and try talking about music
Is that taken out of context?

(offering a handshake) I am here, because, I have had experiences, and a few 'visions', and have known since childhood that I was somehow obligated to figure out the mess of the prophecy problem. And, I have had these 'thought transmissions' all of my life. It hasn't been a fun ride.

I have discovered, and, connected to what people do not seem to be capable. It's not uncommon in the east. It's impossible in the west. Why?

So, if music, and Bob Dylan and his biography, his poetry, and everything connected to music leads you anywhere to anything you want to learn. So, how far off topic am I? Continue it. Then tell me how much bu***hit I am full of.

Find out how the deception works, and, why we can't come

'Together through Life', because, we are 'Tangled up in Blue'. And, in these 'Modern Times', it has been 'Revealed', and 'Under a Blood Red Sky' in a 'World Gone Wrong', 'Oh Mercy' I'm "Love Sick', because 'As Good as I've Been to You', as 'Dylan and the Dead', you are 'Knock out Loaded', 'Saved' on a 'Slow Train Coming', an 'Empire Burlesque' in a 'Hard Rain' of 'Desire', and there's 'Blood on the Tracks', and the 'Planet Waves' on a 'Nashville Skyline', and though a "New Morning" has dawned, and you have seen 'Another Side of Bob Dylan', 'The basement Tapes', a 'Self Portrait', 'Blond on Blond', 'The Free-wheelin' Bob Dylan'. The 'Times They are Changin'', so, 'Lay Lady Lay', as an 'Infidel', and "Bringing it on Back Home', to 'Highway 61 Revisited'. Back to Bob Dylan.

You are sharing a message right in your name.

Feel free to correct my punctuation. But, I believe one of was

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
Cite This Source
Link To Muse

Last edited by blankety blank; 11-18-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: added text
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote