Music Banter - View Single Post - what do you think of the doors.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
I've been a fan of the Doors since I first heard them on AM radio, back in 1967. (When AM radio was the place to hear the best rock music.)
I still listen to them after all these years and I still love 'em!
I've always loved Jim Morrison's vocals, although his some of his stage antics always seemed a bit juvenile to me, and I find his poetry to range from good to bad. (Although it all seems to make sense under the influence of psychedelic enhancements.)
Robby Krieger gets recognized for his guitar playing, but he never seems to get enough recognition for his songwriting with the band.
I always thought John Densmore was an interesting drummer, and Ray Manzarek has one of the most recognizable keyboard playing techniques in music.
I just saw Ray & Robby on their recent tour and they still sound great!
Dave Brock did a fine job on vocals and the drumming of Ty Dennis and bass playing from Phil Chen rounded out the rhythm section quite impressively.
I'm still hoping John Densmore will get back behind the drum kit with Ray & Robby someday, (soon, I hope!) and tour with them again.
Hell ya, man. I just saw them the other night. They sound better than great. Dave Brock, that's his name. I was wondering what it was. That rhythm section was great. Did Rays brother come out and play the guitar when you saw them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
From the video he looks like Jim and his voice was great (despite the quality of the vid) It does always make me laugh/cringe not sure which, to see the members of the Doors in their 70s with a Jim not a day over 27!!!
His voice was really great. Sounds so much like Jim.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote