Music Banter - View Single Post - Your reaction when confronted with popular music
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
How do I react to pop music in a bar or club? Well, if it's good pop music then I enjoy hearing it and if it's crappy pop music then I don't really pay attention. But even the worst music music is preferable to walking into a bar and hearing some football/baseball/basketball game blaring from the TV.
Yeah, I agree sports at the bar is a buzzkill but what's worse is when the bartender would rather blare COPS than turn the jukebox on. Bleh...

I've never been to a club. I don't know anyone that listens to pop music. Well ... one of my friends has a girlfriend and she does. But we don't hang out anymore. Because of her. And her pop music. Lady Gaga comes on at the bar I'm outta there. At least going outside for a cigarette. I've brought headphones to the bar before. I'll hang out on the patio and just go in to get refills.

I've successfully dodged pop music and commercials for the last 5 years or so basically. (I stopped watching tv and listening to the radio all together)

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote