Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #3585 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomClancy11 View Post
That's fine, as I said, my favourite is T'Bends (I'm Northern, okay!?) but I pretty much like all of their albums to a degree. I just didn't understand how you could call OK Computrer a "crock of sh!te" when it is clearly not that bad.
i can't make it through half of the album before "okay, moving along"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
OKC is very layered, dynamic and hugely imaginative for what is essentially an alternative rock album. It signalled the death knell of Britpop, and its highly sophisticated sound became influential on a number of bands (of wildly varying quality, granted) following its release.

I'm not trying to debase your personal opinion, I just fail to see how it's monotonous or lifeless... There's so much going on in those 50-odd minutes, Paranoid Android in itself comprises of about three different songs in 6 minutes!

It has a schizophrenic, somewhat unhinged quality that perfectly conveyed the paranoia prevalent in British society as it edged ever closer to the millennium. It's a commentary on humanity and it's relationship with capitalism, technology and death, which for me makes it an engrossing listen.

I'm not accusing you of this at all, but I do feel as if some people give it raw deal because they resent the adulation it has received, it's just too 'mainstream' and 'conventional' for Radiohead fans. It's a shame, because I think it's an album that oozes quality.
it just puts me to sleep

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote