Music Banter - View Single Post - Power Metal
Thread: Power Metal
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #43 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Does anyone else like the German band Rage? They're kind of a mix of NWOBHM stylings and Power Metal delivery. They're a little more.. I dunno.. aggressive than most Power Metal bands, kind of like a toned down version of Nevermore. They've been around for yonks but I've really only been listening to their newer albums from the last 10-years or so. That being said, if you're interested in the sound I'd recommend their 2002 album Unity.
I know this band and I like their third album Perfect Man and they along with Running Wild a similiar German band, get far less attention than the other better known German bands. They`re certainly speed metal but not sure if I`d classify them as power metal, but its been years since I heard that album. Thanks for the mention and will give them a listen to see how power metal they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
hell yeah! my favourite "double" power metal KOs
The only problem with Helloween, they`re not the best group to get somebody into power metal with, because they are errrrrr very cheesy to say the least They`re a power metal band for people already into power metal.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote