Music Banter - View Single Post - The Art Thread
Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #724 (permalink)
Odyshape
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
^ That is insane man. How and when did you start being such an expressive artist? I remember looking at other stuff you've drawn and being completely nonplussed, but that's such an evocative work it's hard not to be impressed.

Keep it up!
haha Im not sure if this sounds really pretentious or not but Ive been kind of pushing my self holistically to be more honest in all aspects of my life and that has (to me atleast) had an impact on my artwork!

I really don't like a very large amount of my old work and found it was not really honest and reflects a time of trying a little too hard. I recently ended up burning a very significant part of my collection actually (probably about 90% of it) after I graduated high school. It was the funnest time, and its nice starting from scratch. I know it doesn't really make sense but having old stuff around was a drag for me and a bad reminder of a time when I did not understand myself. Kind of like the confused transitional teenager thing.

I know now how much I value truth and honesty and how I really can't be happy at all without being true to myself. At this time its very polarized. If I am even a little off it instantly makes me incredibly depressed and distracted. It is in many ways a blessing and in many its horrible. Like its nice that it ends up making choices and decisions very clear but at the same time it makes me have to really try at being in tune with myself on a day to day basis.

I am sure ill grow out of the polarized part of it eventually but it would be great if I never had to. I like knowing how to treat myself with dignity and have a clear vision of who I am. With that said I do know things change quite frequently and being true to myself now is certainly going to mean something completely different in the future. Its always going to be a struggle I guess and sometimes it seems like the only thing you can do is get used to struggling as best you can.

Last edited by Odyshape; 11-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Odyshape is offline   Reply With Quote