Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #845 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazstp View Post
Just got Duckman season 1 & 2 on DVD so I'm looking forward to revisiting this series.

Oh man I haven't even thought about Duckman in years! Such a great show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFolkslave View Post
I'm currently obsessing over the second season of Boardwalk Empire. I think it's pretty much the best show on tv right now.
I've just started this season and it definitely really builds on what the first season started.

I just got caught up on this seasons Walking Dead and the writers should be commended for managing to turn a zombie apocalypse into a goddamn boring soap opera, that takes some real effort. This plot with the little girl was played out 4 episodes ago and is now just a plot device to keep them in one location. I can't help but think the writers have missed the point of why people watch zombie movies and play zombie games, it's not to take every day issues and exacerbate them with the threat of cannibalism, it's to attach sharp things to other sharp things and then bash a zombies head in. If you're bringing emotion into the whole thing it needs to be something relateable to the circumstances, like realizing how fast and easy it is to revert back to barbaric ways, and while they're kind of acknowledging it, they're doing it in a very coy way. So yeah... I'll watch the next episode, but unless it blows my mind I don't think I'll pick it up after the mid-season break.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote