Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #977 (permalink)
highoctane93
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You only consider the comparison crazy because you don't want to think of animals as having equal worth to a human.

Yes, because we stopped the suffering of a living, feeling creature and gave them a possibility to experience happiness.

And empty milk cartons of all sizes are still empty milk cartons. What's your point? Are you just appealing to my innate sense of human superiority over non-humans?

As slave owners didn't feel nearly as sensitive to black people as they did white people. The fact that you are not as sensitive holds no actual weight. If you really wanted to, you could try to develop more sensitivity to the suffering of animals, you just choose not to.

I think the key word here is "basic". Has it ever occured to you that perhaps animals might have more worth than just their usefulness to humans?

Because, of course, humans are superior to the rest of the world and are not actually part of it.

I'm not asking you to become a vegetarian. I'm just asking you to perhaps challenge your own notions of what is moral conduct in relation to other species.
idk but this post may be one of the best i have read in a long time. somehow i missed it and im glad that i took time to go back through this forum and read replys! =) i really appreciate how you ended this Batlord!!!