Music Banter - View Single Post - Another 100 Albums List
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Eff-star-star-kay! I'd forgotten how great that song was. Nick Lowe, underappreciated genius!
And let's not forget his mate, as you mentioned. Love this one from him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjerome View Post

95. Jesus of Cool - Nick Lowe

Hey! Nick Lowe again! This album is in the same vain as Seconds of Pleasure, featuring upbeat power pop / rock & roll. And that cover just plain rocks.

Favorite Track: I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass

Spotify: Jesus Of Cool by Nick Lowe on Spotify
Oh, and not to take over your journal, but going back to the country debate, one of my favourite female artistes, Nanci Griffith, who has bucked the trend and gone, instead of country to pop or even rock, from country to traditional. One lady who has never forgotten her roots. This is a great track from her album "Lone star state of mind", it's a live version of "Trouble in the fields".

And before you say, "The Eagles?? Don't tell me about the ****ing Eagles!" consider this track. Yes, "Hotel California" is a fantastic album, but no way a country one, and as Tom Waits once snarled "The Eagles aren't country! Those guys ain't got sh*t on their boots!" But this is from their first album, when they really seemed to know what they were about, before they went all West Coast cool. I like this album a lot, and this is one of the better tracks on it. You hear a little Neil Young in there?