Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #7489 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

there are seriously few albums that create a sense of nostalgia for me as strong as this one.....i still remember being a 15 year old "cure" kid and a friend handing me the single for "smells like teen spirit" and say "listen to this....you'll love it"....ironically the first song i ever heard by Nirvana was the b side "Even In His Youth" (which is still to date...in my opinion....their greatest track ever).....this album opened up a flood gate of great music for me.....and along with just a handful of other albums....for me....was truly life changing

its still hard for me to accept that this came out 20 years ago.....this remaster does not help.....the sound of the original lp is louder and more clear than ever....seriously like an all new recording.....this also has all the b sides of the single...again remastered and sounding better than ever...."Aneurysm" sounds amazing on this disc.....at the end of disc one is a couple of well recorded noisy live tracks.....disc two is basically different recordings of these songs...including (in my opinion) a much better recording of "Lithium"...the drums are toned down a bit and the guitar is so fucking sloppy its perfect....this is in the "Smart" sessions....after this the boombox recordings.....which are interesting but dry after about 3 minutes....disc 3 is basically an alternate recording of the entire album....and disc four is a very well recorded live set from the paramount theater in downtown Seattle.....which really made me reflect on my two chances to see them live that i blew of for very stupid reason.....possibly the biggest mistake i've ever made

Last edited by bob.; 11-23-2011 at 09:17 AM.
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote