Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest White Rapper *Poll*
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #923 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomClancy11 View Post
I love MF Doom but he isn't on Eminem's level when it comes to in the moment MC skills. Eminem would pretty much top any current Hip-Hop recording artist that isn't known for free-styling/battling.
In the moment MC skills can only get you so far, it's a gimmick. Ok, so you can kick a sick freestyle; write a great song. Oh wait!

Quote:
The idea that he is over rated because he is white ignores that he came through the predominantly Black underground scene in Detroit because of his skills as a rapper, not because he was white.
White boys will eat that shit up and the record companies know it. Contradiction/"standing out" sells better than run of the mill (ie, a white guy who can rap decent as opposed to a black man with the same skill).

Quote:
Also, without trying to sound like a presumptuous ass (well... maybe a little), you can't really go on about who is the greatest rapper when Lil Wayne is your most played artist...
talk about smh.

I'd love to sound like a presumptuous ass and judge you for liking Eminem, whose "masterpiece" Slim Shady LP sounded like come contrived bull**** compared to two of Ghostface's finest pieces (Fishscale and Supreme Clientele) or like a watered down version of what two of Odd Future's forefront members pull off, even though they're inspired by him. Even Lil Wayne's mixtape years show better lyricism than what i've heard of Em.

Give me Eminem's finest verse and try comparing it to this:

^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote