Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I experience that after multiple playthroughs. There's a certain point where you just can't reproduce the same feeling of exploration and wondering what will happen, when you already know what will transpire.
You should really play Morrowind then. While the graphics are obviously behind from the 2001 years the game is much larger with much more to do and decisions that fall on you as a player not a preset character progression.

Quote:
Fortunately for me and anyone else that plays Bethesda games on PC, the mods can really add another dimension to the game that promotes replayability in a big way.
Mods are simply what makes their games the best. If you have beaten it or bored you can get literally anything to add to the game. If you get the construction set (not sure if its for skyrim but def oblivion and morrowind) its not hard to change any aspect of the gameplay or game laws.

Quote:
If I had any regrets about Skyrim (it's my first Elder Scrolls game) it would be that there really isn't much of an importance on moral choices or sides you take, apart from the main concept of why Skyrim is troubled.
I do respectfully disagree here. With the exception of the main quest the entire game can be played how you would like. Without ruining anything story-wise I can tell you that the Imperials and Stormcloaks are in a civil war. Each elder scroll game has always had similar circumstances where you pick a side and change the outcome of everything. Not to mention the many houses and factions that intertwine story-wise making playing each one impossible.

While Iv only played Skyrim for like 9 or so hours I have played tons of Oblivion and Morrowind. And while every aspect of the gameplay has gotten wayyyy better each game its still been dumbed down significantly to fit a bigger audience. If you wish their was more to chose that made your game play an individual one play Morrowind. Its honestly my favorite game of all time. One thing about Bethesda, what other game has hundreds if not thousands of in game books that you can actually read? Now that is called attention to detail. Sorry for the long response but this game/franchise deserves it!

ps @Pete They ganked the amazing killscenes right out of fallout. So gruesome and bloody, its great.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote