Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #48 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I liked that the game was a bit hard at first (playing on normal). I developed a method for killing bears and sabre tooth tigres; try and keep a tree behind you and them, then fire off arrows in their asses when you get the chance and have patience. There were situations I had to play through many times before I finally managed to beat the baddies, but that's kinda fun too.

I don't do that anymore; at level 30-something, there's little that can really stand in my way. But that gives me a feeling of progression. I do not miss the horrible world scaling of Oblivion where monsters would go up a level along with you. That was one of the worst ideas ever!

edit :

To those who have started a Bethesda game several times over because they didn't like their builds, I've done that too with Morrowind and Oblivion. The latter, I had many hours into when I noticed there was a problem. I believe the world scaling there makes it so that monsters, when they level up, tend to increase their fighting related skills. So, if you raise levels on tradeskills, that makes the game progressively harder. That made me restart the game the last time and I picked a more fighter kind of character and had a very fun playthrough.

And are you guys siding with the Stormcloaks or the Empire? With my character, and also considering he's a redguard, the best way to ensure peace in Skyrim seems to be to side with the Empire.

Last edited by Guybrush; 11-27-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote